NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES OF UKRAINE
V Mamutov Institute of Economic and Legal Research
Group of Archaeological and Geoinformational Studies of the Institute of Archaeology
Young Scholars’ Council of the V. Koretsky Institute of State and Law
We are glad to inform you that
Legal and organizational aspects of using of the aerospace survey for the research and protection of the archaeological heritage of Ukraine
will take place on 6 November 2020 (Kyiv, Ukraine)
Proposed topics of discussion:
- The latest technologies for detection, accounting and monitoring of archaeological heritage: foreign experience and Ukrainian realities;
- Benefits for archaeology from Ukraine’s participation in the EU Copernicus program;
- Legal status and functions of the State Service for the Protection of Cultural Heritage and the State Inspection for Cultural Heritage, prospects for the use of aerospace surveying technologies by these bodies;
- Innovations in Ukrainian legislation in terms of land management, spatial planning and geospatial data infrastructure: challenges and prospects;
- Legal aspects of the use of aerospace survey data and related equipment for archaeological research;
- Reflection of archaeological heritage data in the process of environmental impact assessment;
- Archaeological map of Ukraine: previous experience and the latest prospects;
- Use of modern technologies to counteract illegal excavations in Ukraine;
- Aerospace photography for monitoring the state of archaeological heritage in the temporarily occupied territories of Ukraine and in the zone of armed conflict: legal and organizational aspects.
This is not a closed list of topics.
Within the conference theme framework, academic freedom and creativity are encouraged.
For more information, please refer to the link