In the conditions of rapidly changing geopolitical realities and conducting of hostilities on the territory of special relevance region the search of regional economic complexes reforming ways, a definition of regional economy diversification prospects are becoming very actual for the economy. Successful solutions to these questions depend on the prospects of creating new jobs, the level and dynamics of wages, incomes of local budgets, and ultimately – the socio-economic stability in the region.
The updated development Strategy of Donetsk region for the period till 2020 (further – Strategy) is developed on the basis of the Law of Ukraine “About stimulation of regional development” dated September 08, 2005 № 2850-IV, according to the State strategy of regional development of Ukraine till 2020, approved by decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated 6 August 2014 № 385 and the experience of basic development Strategy implementation of Donetsk region for the period till 2020.
The preparation of draft updated Strategy is made by the Working groups that were created when Donetsk Regional State Administration, regional military-civil administration through the Project “Restoration of governance and reconciliation in conflict-affected communities of Ukraine”. The UN programmes of development in Ukraine which are implemented with the financial support of the Swiss Confederation and the Government of Sweden. The views expressed in this publication are authors and do not necessarily reflect the official position of UNDP in Ukraine, the Swiss Confederation and the Government of Sweden.
Updated Strategy has got the same structure:
- Short characteristic of the region
- Trends of social-economic development of region
- Identifying of problems and comparative advantages
- Strategic aims, development priorities of the region till 2020
- Operational goals that will ensure the achievement of strategic goals
- The main tasks, stages and mechanisms of strategic goals implementation
- The system of monitoring and evaluation of regional strategy implementation impact
- The consistency of the strategic/ operational objectives of the Strategy development of Donetsk region for the period till 2020 (new edition 2016) with the strategic/ operational objectives of the State strategy of regional development for the period till 2020.
From the UN development Program in Ukraine the process of development, discussion and approval of the development strategy of Donetsk region for the period till 2020 was headed by Anatoliy Solovyov. The same UNDP experts were also involved : Alina Boyko, Tetiana Shapkovska, Yuliia Sukhoverkha and Inna Zablodska who also represented the Lugansk branch of the Institute of Economic and Legal Research of NAS of Ukraine. The discussion took place in the communities of cities – Kramatorsk, Bakhmut, Mariupol and Pokrovske April 19-22, 2016 year.